Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Another Friendly and Inspiring Personal Journey

A very good friend of mine just posted this on her blog, I wanted to share it with you all. She has an amazing spirit and is letting that spirit shine. Here is her journey thus far.

"To whomever still reads this blog, I wanted to say that I have finally been taking charge over my weight. 
It has been a hard and long battle {or at least it has felt that way}. I was never overweight until about 
2 1/2 years ago before we had our baby boy. I couldn't get pregnant and the weight started to mount on...then the miracle happened, had a beautiful baby boy...but it left mommy looking not so beautiful, even worse, FEELING not so beautiful. This was hard, because it is not like I was having a bad hair day {which happens to me oh so often} when you can just improve on the next day, but it was something "permanent". I wasn't happy with my looks, how I felt, and it was going to be the same thing the next morning, and the morning after that, and the morning after that. Unless I did something about it. Which I have done for a couple of months now...and I have to tell you that I am finally starting to feel like the old me. 

I have felt in the past couple of years that I am not in my own body, I never looked like this before, when I used to exercise I used to be able to do so much more...and this body that I am in {slowing getting rid off} was just not mine. 

This time though I am so committed...this time it is not coming back. I will feel like me again. 

I have lost 27 pounds and I am so proud of myself. It has been lots of hard work {not to mention sweat!} and I still have SO much more to go...but I really know that I can do it...! 

There are many reasons to why I am losing weight. I know that you may be having your own to do it ...but I will tell you the main 3 reasons for me

1. To be healthy: Heavenly Father has giving me this body, and I have abused it. I must take control of it before it takes control of me...as simple as that.

2. To look and feel beautiful: and you see, it is not to feel and look beautiful to the world, but FOR me! My most wonderful hubby has always been loving and caring...and has found me beautiful no matter what. But I refuse to live my life being heavy, I have never been like this in my life, and I will not keep on being like this. {these can later on be called my "dark ages"}
and the last one...
3. I want to live life now!: I don't want to be 40 something and finally do something about my weight {not that 40 is sooo old or something...but it is lots of years away, for me}...I don't want to be older and finally be able to do athletic things with my already grown up children. I refuse...

For these reasons I am doing it now and I am NEVER going back!

I hope that if you have plans to lose weight and take back your life...you GO and get them...get up and do something with the body that God gave you and make yourself proud!!

Thank you, To whomever is listening!" =)

No comments:

Post a Comment