Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Day Before My Weigh In

I have been feeling so good with an added measure of energy this week. My ketosis was SO strong all week and the taste in my mouth from it  was very intense. I went to the zoo with my family on Thursday and walked for 4 hours! And the rest of the week I have been more active than I normally am. SOOOOO I couldn't wait for tomorrow to see my results. I stepped on the scale this morning and what did I see??? A +1lb gain :-( Now I know a lot about nutrition, working out and all that goes with it so I know that I certainly did not "gain" a pound that the scale is showing. I know I absolutely gained muscle and we all know muscle weighs more than fat. BUT it still doesn't do a heart (a very hard working on plan heart) good to see that number on the scale. My knowledge and the fact that my pants are indeed bigger on me today than they were a week ago are keeping me in the calm and positive. ;-) I am hoping to have a better # on my official weigh in tomorrow.
I wanted to talk a little about how I have been feeling lately on my Medifast journey. For some reason the reality of my weight loss thus far hasn't really been sinking in. I try on new clothes and get so excited, when I have to buy a new SMALLER size I rejoice, and when I see the # on the scale lower and lower every week I smile. However, I realized the other day that I haven't allowed myself a full realization of what I have done and how far I have come. I know why  now. I have this strong determination to get to my ultimate goal, which is a lean size 4, having about 22-24% body fat. I want to get to 125 and then transition off allowing myself to get to a rounded diet consisting of 1200 calories. At that time I will go back to my trainer I had a few years back to lose the rest of the fat that I don't need and to build my muscle where it should be. I love my trainer, he is out of this world and I love having some one I have to be accountable to on a weekly basis. I understand fully that I have another 35 lbs. to get to 125 and that is almost as much as I have lost already. I have lost 45 lbs. and seeing that I have another 35 to go tells me that I still have a good way to go before I am where I have always wanted to be at. So I celebrate my weight loss every week telling myself all the while that "I still have 35 more to go." That thinking and mentality hasn't fully allowed  me to really realize what I have ALREADY done and to take a step back and really SEE it and appreciate it. This is something I need to change. I wish I knew how, I keep setting my sights to that ultimate goal and am seeing the negative fat I have to lose and not the positive I already have lost.
So now I think I have a new ultimate goal, stay with the positive! That's something I really need, I have always been a person who is more affected by negative than the positive and a person can only live so long letting the negative be the major. Being positive and letting the light in does a soul good and in return does the body good. Mind, body, and spirit are all connected. When one is affected then they all are. So why not let the domino affect be positive??? When that light spreads then your actions will be that of light as well. To do and to be are inseparable! ;-) The better you feel the better you do and vise versa.
For the rest of this journey, positive is my middle name! And we all know this journey will last a life time and a life time of positives is a life well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment